Preserving digitisation masters in libraries
Digitisation projects in libraries
- The project generates very rapidly huge volumes of complex digital objects with images, PDF and other formats.
- The masters are very valuable, and they are useful to generate high resolution copies or new derivatives.
- Several collections are included (books, audio, video, photo, maps, etc.).
- The project is executed during several years, and the standards and practices evolve or are laid off during this time.
- DVD and external disks are used for storage. These media are difficult to document and link with the online catalogue of the institution.
The solution: preserving with libsafe
- Fast delivery, thanks to the default preservation plan for libraries.
- Ideal for complex objects. All the files and folders are kept together, verified and documented with metadata.
- Manage all collections in the same platform, each one with its own structure and preservation processes.
- Standard or custom metadata. Whether you use Marc21, Dublin Core or a personal scheme, you can import metadata from your catalogue.
- At least, two copies per object. We recommend to use your current storage vendor for one copy and another one on libdata units.
- Built-in catalogue, so that search and reuse the masters is even easier.